The Dietrich Theater was built in 1936 by George Dietrich and continued to show movies for nearly fifty years. In the late 1980’s, bowing to the whims of the times, the local theater could no longer compete with the mall movies, and the screen became dark. Today, The Dietrich shows countless blockbuster, foreign, independent and classic films. The theater has also presented over 100 cultural events, including semiannual film festivals, live theater, concerts and workshops. The semiannual film festivals bring in patrons from all over northeastern Pennsylvania. Wonderful works of art are exhibited in our William Norris Earnshaw Gallery, and art classes are offered in the Dorothy G. Sheldon Art Studio for both youth and adults. Contact 570-836-1022 for more information.